Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Muniz Movie Reviews

The Muniz Movie Reviews
by Mitchell Muniz

Note: These reviews are solely my opinion. I am in no way trying to persuade you into seeing or not seeing these movies. My goal is to just give you some quick insight on what to expect.

Jennifer's Body
This new dark comedy from the writer of Juno, Diablo Cody, is a lot of fun, and seemed to pull through. It is jam-packed with witty humor, clever thrills, and, of course, blood and guts!

Megan Fox plays a high school student who gets possessed by a flesh-eating demon, whose hunger just so happens to be satisfied by, quite literally, devouring boys.

I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this movie, but it is definitely not for everyone. The humor is more on the offensive side, and, of course, if you get dizzy around the sight of blood, I suggest you stay away. I walked into the theater expecting a corny, fun movie, and that is exactly what I got out of this. This is not a straight out horror movie, and, while it will make you jump, I can almost guarantee that there will be more chuckles of laughter than jumping out of your seat. So, if you are looking for a movie that is fun and different, I suggest you give this a shot! I mean, come on, its Megan Fox eating boys, what’s cooler than that?


Inglorious Basterds
The new comedy/drama from Quentin Tarantino, one of Hollywood’s most creative writers and directors, is by far one of his best films! Filled with suspense, great humor, creative dialogue, and lots of Nazi killing, it’s all you’d expect from the warped brain of Tarantino.

In Nazi-filled France, a group of Jewish soldiers is put together by Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt), to bring down the reign of the Nazi army.

As a fan of Tarantino’s previous work, such as Kill Bill, and Death Proof, I was expecting something creative and out of the ordinary. If this movie sparks your interest, don’t think it is just a movie about killing Nazis, because there is much more at work here. The movie revolves around the lives of numerous characters, which adds loads of depth to the story. As in all Tarantino movies, there is a lot of dialogue in this movie, but not boring dialogue, we’re talking brain-pumping dialogue. This movie, to me sits up there with the great ones like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers